Clear Stream

Clear Stream

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You can't always get what you want

Along the same lines as my previous post, a patient no-showed yesterday and called today to chew us out for not calling to remind him of his appointment. No nanny works here. My policy is, and has always been, that you are an adult and if you have an appointment, you keep it. I will not hold your hold and remind you like an alarm clock. There are a bevy of items in the marketplace--beepers, smartphones, calendars, etc. to do such a thing. It clearly said to me that he's not ready for the cosmetic things he wants done. He had no concept despite all the education, flyers, and information I gave him at the consultation 10 days ago. I advised him to seek treatment from a different doctor. Unmotivated, rude, diffident patients are not welcome here.