Clear Stream

Clear Stream

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Insurance network managers suck gluteii maximii

Brutal phone interaction from a network management drone from a state insurance plan. I never received a certain contract, instead I received my termination letter effective in 90 days. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?????? -- lots of corporate finger pointing led to actually blaming the victim, me. My office hours aren't long enough, I'm not accepting new patients, there was never anyone answering the phone in August....yadda yadda yadda. I was furious at being made to defend my practice and my business, is it in the contract how I should run my business? Needless to say this bureaucrat had the pondering droning voice of an elder in the Charlie Brown cartoons--woah woah woah woah woah waonhhhhhh.....I pointed out to her that they're the ones who don't publish their phone numbers, they have a byzantine voicemail system where I can't get through to a voicemailbox, much less a human, and they're telling me I'm AWOL. The pot is calling the kettle black.
My reaction to all of this is as follows. Let the chips fall where they may. If I get kicked off a network it's actually a blessed thing, less crap to deal with and more time to spend with actual patients, no need to deal with the harassing bureaucracy.
I'm not filling out any more surveys, I'm not having patients fill out surveys, I'm done.