Clear Stream

Clear Stream

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday's child

The disease keeps ramping up, and the patients' stress level keeps increasing. So much is uncertain and the populace is scared, nervous, uptight. I really do empathize with my patients, for whatever tumor/rash/abscess they happen to be suffering from. A lady came in today with a retained suture from last month. It happens, I've had it happen personally. The epidermis grows a little too fast and the suture gets trapped beneath it.

ANd oh, 10 days into the new year, Medicare has gotten the notice that it's 2012 and finally posted the new fee schedule. I cannot imagine how thousands of billing offices are automatically 10 days behind on the new year if they've had patients on new years day, the federal holiday, etc. For me it's just a about 3 dozen codes. For multiple doc practices it's hundreds. What a giant hemorrhoid to deal with.

In some uplifting news, the falcons and herons are moving through to their winter hunting and breeding grounds and it's a treat to see.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Peregrine_Falcon/id/ac

My new favorite artist is Questlove (?uestlove) not sure how he spells it but I love his vibe.